To ensure value for money in all Financial and Administrative matters of the Ministry.
The Directorate exist to safeguard the interest and objectives of the Ministry in all financial transactions relating to revenue and expenditure through proper and accountable administration.
CORE FUNCTIONS OF THE DIRECTORATE
- Responsible for the proper management and provision of an efficient transport system of the Ministry;
- Provides advice on estate management issues and ensures that repairs and works on facilities and equipment are properly carried out in the Ministry;
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of all staff and property of the Ministry;
- Manages the files and records of staff in the Ministry pertaining to recruitment, leave, promotion, salary issues, transfer, performance appraisal etc.;
- Ensures that documents and information are properly stored to ensure confidentiality and easy accessibility;
- Responsible for managing the procurement services and providing technical support on procurement processes for the Ministry. It also ensures the proper storage of all goods procured and ensures that stocks are replaced on time at the Ministry;
- Liaises with the Ministry of Finance and the Controller and Accountant-General’s Department (CAGD) to facilitate the release of funds and authorization for disbursement. It also provides technical backstopping in the preparation of the Annual Budget of the Ministry and Budget Hearings at the Ministry of Finance; and
- Examines and verifies the authenticity and accuracy of payment vouchers before authorizing for payment.